IP and Technology Business Solicitors
Solve IT legal issues with an expert technology lawyer
Resolve legal Problem Areas
Explore legal solutions to technology-related legal matters:
- identify the root of legal problems and contributing factors
- take into account factors which may be outside your field of vision
- get a clear picture of available options
- avoid decisions that may worsen a difficult legal situation
- make informed decisions
We can assist to mitigate potential and actual risks and enhance predictability in legal transactions.
Obtain professional legal advice to assist you decide next steps. End the frustration. Avoid wasting time in the process.
Your business could increase its control over its legal affairs in the process.
We’re a specialist IT law & intellectual property law firm and technology law subject matter experts.
We support businesses across the breadth of spectrum of IT services for:
- technology-based services, such as cloud-based services, APIs, and integrations
- all the benefits of software development projects and associated services
- acquisitions, licensing and safeguarding technology-related intellectual property rights
- resolution of difficult technical disputes and there is no clear path or answer
And everything in-between.
Our background positions us to provide better and more focused insight into your legal affairs quickly.
With enhanced decision-making, the business is in a better position to avoid unnecessary delays, streamline legal decision making, decrease the time from sale to signed contracts, enhance productivity with legal process improvements, reduce costs, minimise downsides, and increase profitability to promote the long-term success of the business.
Move to a position where you can play a good hand with the cards you have.
How we can help your Business:
- Setup solid protection of IP assets to better withstand hostile environments
- Take steps to rectify IP problems that may upset investors or devalue the business when the time comes to sell
- Avoid missing out on IP rights through lack of technical knowledge
- Improve on protection of digital assets that IP rights are not good at protecting
- Stop competitors profiting from your intellectual property rights
- Handle acquisitions, software-as-a-service contracts and licensing with ease
- Avoid leaking money caused by inadequate legal software-related transactions
- Reduce exposure to legal liability
- Verify your software contracts grant the rights you expect to receive
- Protect software from misuse and infringement
- Intellectual property licensing and software licences
- Increase stability and security of your business
- Lock down the rights and permissions needed by the business to function as it expects to be able to
- Navigate technical intricacies and nuances of software licensing
- Avoid licensing that obstructs the business earning money or functioning as it intends
- Deploy effective licensing strategies to support business goals and avoid leaking money, assets and rights
- Handle open source software in projects with your eyes open, without the guesswork
- Understand the operational pitfalls of open source software and structure operations to mitigate adverse consequences
- Upgrade technology business contracts with best practices
- Use clear-cut plain language contracts and enhance ease of understanding
- Avoid legal obligations the business cannot deliver
- Present professionally drafted contracts and avoid telegraphing that the business is not in good shape legally speaking
- Reduce the frustration of red-line requests and extended negotiations
- Find peace of mind and composure that the business will better protected when stormy weather arrives
- Check contracts will implement what you have in mind and what you have been told
- Avoid legal obligations the business cannot deliver on
- Pickup on contract language that doesn’t mean what it appears to say
- Weed out traps in contracts to avoid downsides
- Decipher contract provision that they know you probably won’t see through
- Access expert legal knowledge to grasp unseen legal consequences
We review draft contracts with the law in motion: how the contract will perform after its signed, when you're committed
- Get a clear contractual framework to enable focus on what’s important and a clear negotiating position
- Simplify contracts so that non-lawyer executives more readily understand what they mean legally
- Remove unnecessary complexity that serves to drag out negotiations
- Strip text that attract redlines and copious exchanges of drafts
- Build flexibility into business contracts to readily facilitate negotiated changes
- Reduce the risk of misinterpretation, confusion and frustration
- Don’t compromise on legal protections
- Manage disputes before they get out of hand
- Formulate plans to move towards resolution of IT disputes
- Understand and evaluate options and meet legal disputes
- Present optimal legal positions for your business's case
- Handle weak and flawed legal claims
- Avoid worsening your legal position and liability
- Get ahead of the curve in business disputes
- Get a sense of the likely outcomes
What our clients say about us:
IT Law; IT Contract Disputes
We first got hold of them because they were IT contract solicitors. They work with us the way that we want to work.read on >
Technology Solicitors: Tech as a Service Contracts
We tried 2 glossy law firms both were very good at the initial introduction. When it came to crunch the contract was dealt with by junior, lesser experienced employees and as such I got something that was not fit for purposesread on >
Terms and Conditions Contract: Renovation
we’ve seen a reduction of about 30% of the time to get from sale to agreementread on >
"Talk to Leigh because he doesn't speak like a lawyer, but he knows his stuff. He doesn't try to bamboozle you with a load of legal jargon. "read on >
Specialist IT Lawyers
We’re commercial lawyers and technology solicitors in London.
Our background positions us to provide greater insight into legal affairs quickly.
We’re backed by technical qualifications in:
- computer science, information technology and artificial intelligence
- post-graduate qualifications in intellectual property law
Legal problems complicate quickly
Keep your options open for superior decision making.
Get too close to the action, you might not see the bigger picture and may not see the detail clearly.
Don’t get caught in a process which can be difficult to follow, or in a position where you cannot see how things will play out.
- close down unrealistic options and outcomes which you otherwise might have had
- add to the expense, and in the worst cases, compromise your legal rights
- make preferred outcomes unattainable, or prohibitively expensive to chase
- put you further from where you need to be
Call +44 20 7036 9282 for an initial chat or tell us your availability here: