IP and Technology Business Solicitors
Take steps to reduce business risk
Practical, straight talking legal advice
- Sort out legal grey areas
- Improve your risk management
- Streamline your legal affairs
Resolve Legal Gray Areas
- Clarify the legal and regulatory environment in which your business operates
- Enhance predictability in technology contracts and intellectual property rights
- Take control of your legal affairs
- Maintain a stable and secure business
- Minimise future waste by investing in specialist legal advice
Our background positions us to provide greater insight into your legal affairs quickly.
We’re backed by technical qualifications in:
- computer science, information technology and artificial intelligence
- post-graduate qualifications in intellectual property
Our solicitors are IT law & IP law subject matter experts.
Make more informed decisions.
Make plans to construct a road map to enhance your legal position.
How we can help your business:
Software Legal Advice
- select optimal steps for your situation to set the direction of your business
- improve your risk profile
- increase stability and security of your business
- avoid leaking money caused by ineffective legal protection and documentation
- reduce exposure to legal liability
- avoid steps that make you go backwards
- avoid getting caught out by the GDPR
- get an opinion on what is a bad deal, legally speaking
- call-out flawed legal claims
- Evaluate options and cull bad ideas
- Formulate plans to move forward in language you can understand
- Understand what can happen with legal letters and claims before disputes escalate
- Use the law to your advantage and minimise downsides
- Get a sense of the likely outcomes
Intellectual Property Rights
- IPR subject matter specialist advice
- maximise your intellectual property protection
- avoid pitfalls and traps when licensing intellectual property
- protect against someone walking out of your business with your intellectual property
- avoid defective licensing practices
- license intellectual property on terms that make sense for your business
- penetrate markets with focused intellectual property legal advice
- sidestep arrangements which cause headaches you do not want to have
- take focused action to enforce your IP rights
- design around intellectual property infringement
- get contracts that work for you, not against you
- stay organised with contracts structured for the way you do business
- reduce your administrative overhead
- handle contractual negotiations with more confidence
- agree to contracts which suit your specific risk profile
- avoid over-committing your business to contracts terms it cannot honour
- gain a better understanding of what you agree to
- properly grasp legal obligations, before you sign
What our clients say about us:
Clear Legal Advice
"As soon as we started talking to Leigh, the IP rights we owned became clear and clearer.
He can explain software, IP rights and tech law without your eyes glazing over with the 'what’s he talking about?' thoughts. We ended up with a strong contractual position in our negotiations."read on >
Knows the Game
"Leigh knows what he’s doing, he knows the game, he knows the technology. Don't waste your time shopping. Time is too valuable. I've already done that shopping, I've already done the homework, I've already gone through the whole experience and learned from my experience and take it and run with it and call him right now."read on >
"We moved from having no knowledge about intellectual property in software to knowing where the boundaries are, so that we can now handle more things internally. We know where most of the gotchas are, and know when we need to be wary. We make more informed decisions and have reduced our risk exposure."read on >
Less Time & Money on Legals
"Shopping around for a solicitor is a pain. When you pick a solicitor you have to take a risk somewhere. Leigh put me at ease in the initial conversation, and made it clear that he understands the commercial side of the law.
Now, we spend far less time and money on legal problems in our business."read on >
Legal problems can complicate quickly.
Keep your options open for superior decision making. Get too close to the action, and you might not see the bigger picture, or see the detail clearly. Don’t get caught in a process you do not understand, or in a position where you cannot foresee how things might play out.
- close down unrealistic options and outcomes which you otherwise might have had
- add to the expense, and in the worst cases, compromise your legal rights
- make preferred outcomes unattainable, and prohibitively expensive to chase
- put you further from where you want to be
How can we help you improve your business?
Call +44 20 7036 9282 for an initial chat, or tell us your availability here:
We will contact you within 24 hours